Windows 10 is here! There are so many cool new features that make Windows 10 different than any other operating system on the planet. Here are just a few of our favorites:
- The Start Menu: Remember the Start Menu before Windows 8? Yeah, it’s back and in a big way. This is huge for people who are updating from Windows 7 or earlier systems. But this isn’t the same Start Menu you remember; it is a good healthy mix of the traditional Start Menu and the Tiles that will be familiar to Windows 8 users. The best of both worlds are coming together.
- Windows Hello: Welcome to the future. You can now sign into your device with facial recognition. You do have to have an Intel RealSense-compatible camera though, see if your device is compatible.
- Cortana: This digital assistant is no longer confined to Windows operated phones, she is now available wherever you are running Windows 10. Now that she is available everywhere and more powerful than ever, she may give Siri and Google Now a run for their money.
- Edge: The new web browser still has a few bugs to work out, but it’s well on its way to being the best web browser on the market. Annotation, sharing capabilities, and Cortana makes your browsing even more convenient and personal.
- Continuum: Move from desktop mode to touch mode seamlessly on your Surface or other touch-screen device. This is a big deal for those that use their hybrid device as their main device for work and school.
- Xbox App: You can now play your favorite Xbox games right from your desktop, simply hook up a controller and your Xbox Live account and you’re ready to dominate in Halo. The app also comes with a Game DVR feature that allows you to take videos and screenshots of your gameplay.
Better than any of these features is that Microsoft will continue to update and make improvements to Windows 10 in lieu of large releases. With Microsoft’s move to transparency and listening to customer feedback, that means you will always have the newest version of Windows that has been refined to help you work, learn, and play better than ever. Learn how to upgrade for free.
Is your organization rolling out Windows 10? Check out our training and adoption solutions to see how we can help your deployment go smoothly.