Just in case you’ve only taken the macro view of MS Teams, know this:
You can now create your own meme in Teams.
That’s right—Teams has a built-in meme tool. With a simple click of the mouse, you can rule the workplace and bask in the glow of your awesomeness.
Think of it this way: that epic meme not only helps build a sense of community in your workplace, it also encourages more collaboration in Teams.
Because collaboration is what Teams does best.
We can thank anthropology for the “meme”—which refers to a cultural construct (e.g., a joke or other product) that moves from one person to another.
Today, the Internet and memes go together like peanut butter and jelly. Drop some text on a photo, click, and done. You’ve just created a meme.
But here’s the thing.
According to Bustle, “the big deal with memes isn’t just their existence; it’s in the sharing.” Plus, memes proliferate off insider jokes and a common understanding. That’s why memes are gold in the workplace.
And hey—if meme-sharing can drive more Teams usage, so much the better, right? More collaboration, more fun.
How to create a meme in MS Teams
So, let’s get down to it. Follow these steps to make a meme in Teams:
1. In Teams, look below the field where you’d normally write a chat. Notice the buttons there?
2. Click on the “Sticker” button (shown in red, below) to open the sticker/meme creator.
3. Scroll through the collection until you find a meme or sticker that you’d like to customize. Then click on it. Here’s an example:
4. Replace the filler text with your own message and click “done” when finished.
5. Finally, click “send” to include the meme in your chat. That’s it!
Memes are a great way to add a little fun to your work day. Try using a meme to show your reaction to a good news announcement or express your frustration with most recent roadblocks in your project.
Even better, a meme can encourage others to take collaboration to a new level in Teams.
Don’t just say it, meme it!
Have more questions about Teams or Office 365 adoption? Schedule a demo to see our QuickHelp ™ platform in action.