Let’s face it – most meetings suck.
Why do so many of us get a sour taste in our mouth when we hear the word “meeting”?
Only ½ of professionals in the U.S. say they play an active role in the meetings they attend
Unproductive meetings cost more than $37 billion per year
100% of respondents described poorly organized meetings as a waste of time or money
Microsoft Teams to the rescue
Your online meeting experience matters. Don’t leave your remote attendees in the dark. Visual stimulus is one of 4 key elements for a successful meeting.
Teams has a lot of interactive collaboration tools built into meetings.
- Use the whiteboard to digitally share a creative space. Figure out flows, brainstorm ideas, and diagram in your Teams meetings.
- Let your coworkers see what you’re seeing by sharing your screen. It’s like huddling around your computer, but a lot more comfortable.
- Upload a PowerPoint to the meeting and it’ll become the visual focal point. Presentations just got easier.
51% of meetings had insufficient follow-up
It’s more than a meeting. Discussion leading up to and following your meeting is just as important.
Do it all in one place. Teams seamlessly integrates your meeting with your workspace.
- Record your meeting. Then use the automatic transcript and keyword search to find relevant information. Listen to your coworkers tell you what to do. Over, and over, and over again.
- Teams will automatically save the chat from a meeting. It’ll appear in your chats list or in the channel you held your meeting in. No need to worry about losing links, documents, or chit chat that was shared.
- Take shared meeting notes before, during, and after the meeting. Link a OneNote notebook to your team and add it as a tab. Get on the same page as your coworkers – literally.
People spend an average of 5 hours 3 minutes in meetings each week
No one likes technical difficulties. Set-up, poor call quality, and other distractions absorb valuable time.
Get to the important stuff faster with Teams.
- Select your video and audio configuration before joining the call. You can also mute yourself or adjust your video to make sure you look and sound your best.
- Fix the problem before it becomes a problem. Teams will alert you about everything from a poor network connection to when you’re trying to speak and may have forgotten to unmute your microphone.
- It’s easy to rely on a positive experience in Teams. Teams is supported by a new modern infrastructure that’s optimized for online meetings, so you can count on high-quality audio and video
Want more Teams Tips? Check out our post: 7 Surefire Tips for Better Teamwork in Microsoft Teams